Success in this role is measured by customer satisfaction score, budget achievement, achieving partially quantitative project objectives and service level achievement.
- Responsible for all global data centers and cross-location network servicesincluding: Firewall services and Security, Load balancer services, operation of DWDM connectivity between data centers, operation of data center backbone, operation of WAN service area, Internet peering and upstream services, network project support, design of functional concepts for data center network installations and data center network consulting services.
- Drive profitability and margin by improving operational efficiencies, continuous process improvement, standardization, capacity utilization and availability.
- Act as a trusted advisor to customers, top management and colleagues.
- Take responsibility to plan budget, track and compare actual spending, carefully manage scope and facilitate budget decisions.
- Take responsibility for performance monitoring and cost control.
- Work closely with customers to facilitate management decision for options for going forward.
- Define, set global target values and manage performance towards operational Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators.
- Take responsibility to engage all relevant units. Work in an international team with distributed organizations. Develop and lead the right international skill set together with local business units and global service hubs.
- The purpose of this role is to achieve fulfillment of Service Level Agreements, quality improvement, customer satisfaction and cost reduction.
- Minimum of 8-12 years track record in a large, multi-national Information Technology organization with an emphasis on operating data center and cross-location data center network services, including consulting services and conceptual design for highly complex global data center network installations.
- Proven track record in a similar position, supported by management and customer references.
- Successful engagement with customers, specifically Senior Management and IT Management.
- Broad knowledge of IT and Telecommunication industry, market, trends, technologies and key players.
- Excellent abilities designing, delivering, maintaining and operating infrastructure services for global world-class organizations.
- Strong capabilities and successful application of methods like PMI or similar Project Management, IT Architecture, ITIL, Quality Management (e.g.: Six Sigma) and Process Management.
- Strong track record of presenting to Top Management groups at Board meetings or at Conferences and not only as a speaker but also as main facilitator.
- Strong track record working in virtual settings across globally distributed teams.
The position requires the willingness to travel (internationally) on a frequent basis, i.e. on average 3 days per week.
You have to speak English and German fluently.
University degree, ideally in one of the following fields: computer science, business, management and engineering.
- Pragmatic - balanced approach to management combining strategic planning, operational excellence and flawless execution.
- Consensus-Building - capable of utilizing strong interpersonal, verbal, presentation and writing skills to successfully interact with subordinates, colleagues, and executive management.
- Overcoming barriers - track record as a leader with high business impact, strong negotiation skills, as well as sound diplomatic skills, smart and nice.
- Results Driven - confident, thrives on hard work and consistent challenge, and is quick on his/her feet. Monitors quantitative progress measures and acts quickly on deviations from plan.
- Global - International experience with the necessary cultural awareness and respect. Preferred to have extensive hands-on management experience in a multi-national environment.
Our client focuses on large corporations and public sector institutions. Using a global infrastructure of data centers and networks, the Company operates information and communication technology (ICT) systems.
With offices in over 20 countries and global delivery capabilities, our client serves companies in all industries, including automotive, telecommunications, financial sector, retail, services, media, energy, manufacturing, government agencies and the healthcare sector. Approximately 43.000 employees worldwide use their industry expertise and ICT know-how to provide top-quality service.
zurück zur Übersicht